Last Updated: 11/1/2018
Information You Provide
We obtain information that you provide to us directly through the Site, which may include personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or other personally identifying information you choose to provide us. We also collect information from you when you seek to contact us, register for an event or hands-on training, or otherwise fill out online forms on the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you submit to us, we may collect certain information using automated tools such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs (collectively “Tracking Technologies”). The types of information we collect automatically may include IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, timing and length of visits, and pages viewed.
· Cookies:A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Site and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Site, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features and functionalities of the Site may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML 5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your computer and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The Site may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
· Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count content views.
· Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Image’s web server, or from a third party with which Image works, and is active only while you are connected to the Site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
We may combine certain automatically-collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include information we obtain from third parties.
Information about your use of this Site and other online services may be collected across time, devices, and websites, and used for numerous purposes including to associate different devices you use and to deliver relevant and/or retargeted content, including interest-based ads.
Information We Obtain From Partners and Other Sources
We also may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that information with information you provide to us directly or that we collect automatically through the Site.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
Social Features, Advertising, and Analytics
Certain functionalities on the Site permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and third-party services, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Site and a third-party service; “liking” or “sharing” our content; and features that otherwise connect the Site to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Site). If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use. Also, both Image and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and the third-party service.
We may engage and work with service providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Site and/or on third-party services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Site and elsewhere on the internet, sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising,” which may include sending you an ad on a third party service after you have left the Site (i.e., “retargeting”).
We use certain third-party web analytics services, such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
· Allow you to participate in features we offer on the Site;
· Access, store and use your customer profile to provide appropriate and tailored customer services;
· Personalize and improve your online experience;
· Enhance the viability and effectiveness of the Site and our product lineup;
· Respond to emails, inquiries, comments, questions, or other requests for support;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users;
· Develop new technologies and methodologies to help prevent fraud and combat the use of fraudulent email addresses;
· Improve the Site, our marketing, and other products or services we may offer;
· Contact you regarding your use of the Site or, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
· Provide Site visitors with offers tailored to their interests and past activities on the Site;
· Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process as well as industry standards and our company policies;
· Prevent, investigate, identify, or take any other action with regard to any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or any activity that violates our terms; or
· For any other purpose, with your consent.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways, in which case we will notify you at the time of collection.
We may disclose personal information we collect from visitors to this Site to our employees, agents, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other service providers and affiliated organizations that need the information to carry out work on our behalf. For example, we may use a third-party payment processor, such as PayPal, to handle payments for the Site. These third parties use the personal information to which they have access to fulfill the purposes for which we shared that information. We may also share your personal information with our affiliates and with partners we think you might be interested in, for their own marketing purposes.
We also may share your information:
· To enforce our policies, or to protect legal rights, property, or safety;
· To respond to requests by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities;
· When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
· With third parties, to investigate or address possible criminal or fraudulent activity;
· In the event of a joint venture, partnership, or other collaboration with another organization; or
· If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as in response to a subpoena or court order or similar government request for information).
We reserve the right to disclose any information we obtain through the Site in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions. Entities that acquire information from us in the context of a business transaction may continue to use that information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Ability to Unsubscribe
Should you receive a promotional email from us, you may opt out of receiving additional promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails.
Ability to Opt Out of Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoicesfor information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertisingto you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app),your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. We support the ad industry’s expects that ad networks we directly engage to serve you Interest-based Advertisingwill do so as well, though we cannot guaranty their compliance. We arenot responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In addition, we may serve ads on third-party services that are targeted to reach people on those services that are also identified on one of more of our data bases (“Matched List Ads”). This is done by matching common factors between our data bases and the data bases of the third-party services. For instance, we may use such ad services offered by Facebook or Twitter and other third-party services. We are not responsible for these third-party services, including without limitation their security of the data. If we use Facebook to serve Matched List Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad and find out how to opt-out with us from such list. If you opt-out from our Facebook Matched List Ads, we will remove the matching Personal Information from that list, however, this will not take effect immediately and if you have multiple e-mails or other accounts you may have to opt-out separately for each one. We are not responsible for such third parties’ failure to comply with your or our opt-out instructions or to provide us notice of your opt-out elections, and they may change their options without notice to us or you.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help protect personal information collected or received through the Site. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
We may provide links to other websites or services for your convenience and information. Websites that are operated by entities not affiliated with Image may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Image is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked websites that we do not control.
We do not share personal information as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine The Light law”) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes absent your consent. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with the Shine the Light law by contacting us here or by sending a letter to:
Image Comics, Inc.
Attention: California Privacy Rights Request
2701 NW Vaughn St Suite 780
Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address or mail address.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.