Can’t-Miss Conversations with Creators, Exclusive Comic Book Variants, & Limited-Edition Drops at Xpo
LOS ANGELES 02/01/2022 — Today Skybound revealed its lineup for Skybound Xpo: Creatorfest, an upcoming edition of the daylong Skybound virtual event that celebrates and spotlights diverse creators across industries, from audio to animation. Hosted by Karama Horne and Malik Forte, the digital pop culture experience will return with all-new programming, limited-edition merch and exciting announcements, and will stream on Skybound’s YouTube channel on Friday, February 18, 2022.
Creatorfest will bring entertainment fans all over the world can’t-miss panels from every arena of entertainment, all while showcasing contributions from remarkable creators in each space. The planned slate is a blend of exciting updates across Skybound’s vast network, including news on animation, comics, merch, digital programming, and the latest audio drama series in conjunction with Audible.
Programming includes a new look at Impact Winter, Skybound’s upcoming post-apocalyptic vampire thriller with Audible; a Black Cinema edition of Movie Trivia Schmoedown; a brand-new installment of ATTACK! with Attack Peter featuring his new GODZILLA MUSEUM statue; a new episode of Comics Vault Live with exclusive new variant drops; and insightful panels on the current state of the animation industry and creating comics à la Skybound 101.
The full programming line-up, beginning at 10 a.m. PT, includes:
- Comics Vault Live with Shawn Kirkman – Shawn “Big Clutch” Kirkham is back with another episode of Comics Vault Live, where he debuts exclusive CGC graded variants, including The Walking Dead, Stray Dogs and more.
- ATTACK! With Attack Peter – Monster artist and printmaker Attack Peter (Peter Santa Maria) hosts a segment with a special guest artist and grants an exclusive look at his latest print, limited-edition merch, and the very special pre-order of a limited-availability GODZILLA MUSEUM statue, featuring Peter’s linocut print work expanded into three radical dimensions.
- Skybound 101: Creating Comics – Find out what it takes to score your dream gig with some of the best creators around right now! From their own journeys to personal advice, this is a panel for anyone that wants a career in comics or just loves comics and wants to learn more.
- The State of Animation – Top talent across the animation industry discusses the recent boom in animation projects and gives insights into their careers and inspirations.
- IMPACT WINTER: Podcasts Evolved – Creator Travis Beacham (the mind behind Pacific Rim and Carnival Row) and the cast of our post-apocalyptic vampire thriller join the Xpo to talk about your next obsession coming from Audible and Skybound.
- Black Cinema Trivia Schmoedown – A clash between FOUR trivia titans goes down in another Black Cinema Schmoedown. Watch as Jeannine the Machine fights to keep her title as she faces the current Singles-Champion and two other fierce opponents trying to win the crown.
Fans can register now for Creatorfest by heading over to this link. Previous Skybound Xpos can also be viewed here.
For more info and updates on the Xpo, visit www.skybound.com and follow Skybound on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
ABOUT SKYBOUND ENTERTAINMENT
Established in 2010, Skybound is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events and beyond. The company is home to critically-acclaimed global franchises including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Superfight.
Skybound’s capabilities include services as publisher, producer, and global distributor for tabletop and video games across all genres, including the multi-million unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. The company also maintains key partnerships across the entertainment industry including Universal Pictures, Image Comics, and Audible, and has engaged an ongoing strategic business partnership with mobile games publisher and developer 5th Planet Games (OAX: FIVEPG). Skybound digital and creative IP boasts unique creators such as Kristian Harloff and the Schmoedown Entertainment Network as well as Peter Santa-Maria and his Attack Peter brand. For the most up to date information on Skybound, please visit the company on Twitter (@Skybound), YouTube (Skybound), Facebook (@Skybound Entertainment), Instagram (@skyboundent), and at www.skybound.com.
Shannon Meehan, Public Relations Manager