PORTLAND, Ore. 03/30/2023 — Up-and-coming writer Fred Kennedy and artist Nick Marinkovich’s all-new historical fiction adventure the Dead Romans has sold out instantly at the distributor level and is being rushed back to print by Image Comics in order to keep up with escalating demand.
"Working on Dead Romans with Nick and Allison has been an amazing experience," said Kennedy. "To see it being so well received is a great feeling. And if they liked the first issue, they're in for a wild ride as the series continues..."
Marinkovich added: "We started Dead Romans very simply over drinks and a shared enthusiasm for the possibilities. To see the end result catch the eye of so many readers, so quickly....We're smiling..."
In Dead Romans, lush, beautiful illustrations bring to life a brutal tale of love and war from the birth of the Roman Empire. Arminius, a Germanic prince raised in Rome, has sworn vengeance against the Empire that butchers his people. He wants to make a queen of the woman he loves, Honoria, a fellow slave. Now, fifty thousand Romans will die to give her a throne she never asked for…or wanted.
Dead Romans #1, second printing and Dead Romans #2 will both be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, April 26 and are on Final Order Cutoff (FOC) for comic shop retailers this Monday, April 3:
- Dead Romans #1, second printing Cover A - Diamond Code FEB238820
- Dead Romans #1, second printing Cover B - Diamond Code FEB239057
- Dead Romans #2 Cover A by Marinkovich - Diamond Code FEB230170
- Dead Romans #2 Cover B by Marinkovich - Diamond Code FEB230171
- Dead Romans #2 Cover C by Anwar - Diamond Code FEB230172
- Dead Romans #2 Cover D by Walsh - Diamond Code FEB230173
Dead Romans is also available across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, and Google Play.