PORTLAND, Ore. 01/19/2023 — Image Comics is pleased to reveal the eerily-toned cover artwork that will set the vibe for the highly anticipated series W0rldtr33 from bestselling writer James Tynion IV (The Department of Truth, The Nice House on the Lake, Something is Killing the Children) and his Razorblades collaborator artist Fernando Blanco (Detective Comics, Catwoman). First teased in the pages of the Image! 30th anniversary anthology, this riveting new thriller is set to launch in April from Image.
“I think W0rldtr33 might be the most frightening thing I’ve ever written," said Tynion IV. "This story has been living in my head for such a long time, and I’m thrilled that Fernando, Jordie, Aditya, and I are finally going to bring it all to life.”
In 1999, Gabriel, Amanda, Liam, Yoshi, and Darren discovered what they dubbed the Undernet—a secret architecture beneath the internet. They charted their exploration of the Undernet on a private message board called W0rldtr33. Then they lost control. And unleashed unimaginable horrors.
W0rldtr33 #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, April 12:
- Cover A by Blanco - Diamond Code FEB230015
- Cover B by Aja - Diamond Code FEB230016
- Cover C (1:10 copy incentive) by Jenny Frison - Diamond Code FEB230017
- Cover D (1:25 copy incentive) by Bill Sienkiewicz - Diamond Code FEB230018
- Cover E (1:50 copy incentive) by Zu Orzu - Diamond Code FEB230019
- Cover F (1:100 copy incentive) by Alvaro Martinez Bueno - Diamond Code FEB230020