PORTLAND, Ore. 04/07/2023 — Image Comics will adjust the release date for the highly anticipated series W0RLDTR33 #1 by Eisner Award winning writer James Tynion IV (The Department of Truth, The Nice House on the Lake, Something is Killing the Children) and Razorblades collaborator artist Fernando Blanco (Detective Comics, Catwoman). This premier issue will now be slated to land on shelves at comic shops Wednesday, April 26, due to an unforeseen printer error. Image will be putting out an alert to comic shop retailers and is recalling the misprinted copies.
“W0RLDTR33 is a book that has lived inside my head for a very long time, and it’s incredibly important to the whole creative team and everyone at Image that we put our best foot forward for the first issue, said Tynion IV. “Due to circumstances outside of our control, the first issue didn’t print at the quality we expected, so we’re delaying the first issue to make sure retailers have copies they feel confident about putting in the hands of readers. The entire team could not be more grateful for the tremendous support the fans and comic retailer community have put behind this title, making it one of my highest selling creator-owned launches. I promise, we’re doing what we can to get you a title you’ll be able to sell for years to come.”
For fans who still have not requested W0RLDTR33 be added to their pull-list are advised to contact their local comic shop as soon as possible in order to reserve a copy ahead of the anticipated rush.
First teased in the pages of the Image! 30th Anniversary Anthology #8, W0RLDTR33 kicks off with an unimaginable atrocity in the present day that has roots back in 1999, when Gabriel, Amanda, Liam, Yoshi, and Darren discovered what they dubbed the Undernet—a secret architecture beneath the internet. They charted their exploration of the Undernet on a private message board called W0rldtr33. Then they lost control…and unleashed unimaginable horrors.
W0RLDTR33 #1 will be available atcomic book shops on Wednesday, April 26:
- Cover A by Blanco - Diamond Code FEB230015
- Cover B by David Aja - Diamond Code FEB230016
- Cover C (1:10 copy incentive) by Jenny Frison - Diamond Code FEB230017
- Cover D (1:25 copy incentive) by Bill Sienkiewicz - Diamond Code FEB230018
- Cover E (1:50 copy incentive) by Zu Orzu - Diamond Code FEB230019
- Cover F (1:100 copy incentive) by Alvaro Martinez Bueno - Diamond Code FEB230020
W0RLDTR33 #2 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, May 31:
- Cover A by Blanco - Diamond Code MAR230214
- Cover B by Dani - Diamond Code MAR230215
- Cover C 1:25 copy incentive by David Romero - Diamond Code MAR230216
- Cover D 1:50 copy incentive by Justine Frany - Diamond Code MAR230217
- Cover E 1:100 copy incentive by Werther Dell'Edera - Diamond Code MAR230218
W0RLDTR33 #3 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, June 28:
- Cover A Blanco - Diamond Code APR230318
- Cover B Marcos Martin - Diamond Code APR230319
- Cover C 1:25 copy incentive Aaron Campbell - Diamond Code APR230320
- Cover D 1:50 copy incentive Ariel Diaz - Diamond Code APR230321
- Cover E 1:100 copy incentive Martin Simmonds - Diamond Code APR230322
W0RLDTR33 will also be available across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, and Google Play.
Select praise for W0RLDTR33:
“What’s it called when something is a train wreck and you can’t look away, but by 'train wreck' you mean ‘masterfully done, infinitely compelling art that chills you to the bone?’ Because Tynion and Blanco’s W0RLDTR33 is that.” —Robert Kirkman
"Any envious monsters who were hoping the [James Tynion IV] hot streak would end soon will be disappointed—this is as strong and (if anything) even bleaker than the previous books." —Kieron Gillen
“Off to a phenomenal and intense start.” —Monkeys Fighting Robots
“James Tynion IV is back with another killer series. (Meant literally and figuratively.) This time, he’s taking the horror of the internet and making it even worse. And that is a very good thing for readers.” —Comicon.com