Image Comics Digital
Image Comics Digital provides the greatest in creator owned comics to you and gives you the choice for your preferred format for use on your preferred device. Image Comics Digital files are compatible will all leading computer operating systems and handheld devices and tablets.
In case you’re not quite sure what format is for you, we’ve provided this helpful information to help get you started.
Digital Comics Formats
Image Comics Digital are available in the following formats:Portable Document Format (PDF) - this is a common, independent document type used for all manner of documents and is functional on all major computer platforms.Recommended Applications for use:
Electronic Publication (ePub) - this file type has been developed specifically for print publications to be converted for use on a digital device.Recommended Applications for use:
Comic Book Archive (CBR and CBZ) - this file type is a simple way to read comic books via an archive file designed specifically for comics.Recommended Applications for use:
If you have any problems accessing any of the file formats available from Image Comics Digital, please send an email to [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help you
Image Comics Digital Comics Policy
When you buy a digital comic from Image Comics, completing your purchase means you accept our Digital Comic User Agreement (“Agreement’). Please read the full text of the Agreement.
Why We Have Terms and Conditions – The creators of comic books published by Image own all rights in the works they create. The Copyright Act grants five exclusive rights to copyright owners:
1. the right to reproduce the copyrighted work
2. the right to prepare derivative works based upon the work
3. the right to distribute copies of the work to the public
4. the right to perform the copyrighted work publicly
5. the right to display the copyrighted work publicly.
Image Comicss Digital Comic User Agreement tries to strike a balance between allowing you to enjoy digital comics without annoying DRM restrictions, while also protecting the rights of the creators whose hard work brings you the comics you love. Under the Agreement:
• You have a personal sublicense to display the copyrighted works in the digital media file that you purchase.
• You may make a copy of your digital comic for your own use onto any device.
• You may print a copy of your digital comic for your own offline enjoyment.
• You may share your digital comic by sharing a device on which you have loaded the comic. For example, by lending someone your Kindle. Image encourages you to share the goodness with your friends and family, or at least the ones you trust with your e-reader.
• You may not make copies of your digital comic—either the media file or print copies—to share with anyone else. For example, uploading the digital comic to a file-sharing site, emailing the file to others, or printing copies for friends (or strangers).
In short, Image Comics thinks you should have a DRM-free reading experience on whatever device you choose whenever you want. Image thinks you should show family and friends what you’re reading; maybe they’ll like it. But uploading your digital media file to file-sharing sites or making copies for others is copyright infringement and remains prohibited under the Agreement and can subject you to liability.